Monday, December 15, 2008

Organic... but comfortable?


It is pretty crazy how your experience can change based on your surroundings. For example, I have a PC at home on which I do school work, with older versions of the programs that we use at school. Although things are basically the same, the small things stick out in my mind in terms of comfort. The mac mouse with the balls for a scrolling tool makes a world of difference. I recently read a small article about the “Organic Workstation” design by Stevie Miles Brewu. He designed a new form of desk, essentially. It looks like a huge circle in which the chair attatches to the mounting area for your computer. While the concept is unique, it doesn’t sound that comfortable to me. I like to take my shoes off, put my feet up, have my legs up… I feel that this would be difficult for me to do based on the design layout. And while they are not the most important piece, the small comforts are part of what make great products.
http://www.tuvie.com/organic-workstation-by-stevie-miles-brewu

No comments: